And for those who can tell these two apart and want to restore their vehicles themselves, they are in a constant fix as to which polish sealant they should go for.
Hello! I am Marcos, and for those who are suffering from car sealant related problems, I have written a review on a product which has grown to be my personal favorite for all automobile restoration jobs.
And as a car repair professional myself, I can safely say that the TopCoat F11 is one of the best sealants that the current automobile market has to offer.
And in my review, I will go across all its amazing features that make the F11 a must have for all domestic and professional garages.
So what exactly is Auto Detailing?
So, auto detailing, if put simply, is “the process of restoration that your automobile undergoes in order for it to look brand new.”
Cleaning, maintenance and reconditioning are all integral parts to this process. It ultimately makes your car look shiny and scratch-free just like when you bought it.
Furthermore, auto detailing can be divided into two sub-sections:
Interior Auto Detailing
As the name suggests, interior auto detailing is where you primarily deal with cleaning and restoring the insides of your car.
These may include replacing certain materials like vinyl, plastic fibers, leather, carbon, and natural fibers.
By using air compressors, interior detailing focuses on cleaning certain areas, such as the shelf, truck, rear, seats etc. along with more difficult to reach parts.
Exterior Auto Detailing
The outer covering of your vehicle is primarily focused on here. Your car is cleaned, all the scratches are removed or minimized, and then the surface is given a long-lasting shine.
Exterior detailing relies heavily on the principle of washing and drying. However, this wash is very different from your average car wash; it’s mostly done by hand and hardly ever relies on any mechanical instruments.
Once your car is cleaned, free from all residue and foreign particles, it’s given a glossy look with the help of a sealant. And this is precisely where the TopCoat F11 comes in.
Top Coat F11 Reviews 2020: Top Coat and their fantastic range of products
They have garnered a reputation in always striving to bring the best in car maintenance technology to their customers, and help all automobile owners make their vehicles look fresh and brand-new in no time.
Two of their products have taken the automobile market by storm. One of them is a microfiber towel and the other is the F11 or the Formula11 sealant.
The microfiber towel is made from high fiber. It’s also quite pocket-friendly and has a unique medium density which will allow you to effectively polish your car by effortlessly gliding over the surface exterior.
On the other hand, the TopCoat F11 is, by all means, a professional grade sealant. By maintaining, protecting and enhancing the different areas of your car, it will make the vehicle look brand-new, just like when you first bought it.
It’s a multi-use, multi-purpose coating that works equally well on light and dark colors. It can easily hide those rigid swirl marks that make your car look old and worn out.
The sealant provides long-lasting shine and is exceptionally easy to use. Though I would recommend this product more for professional users, an amateur or an average car owner with a decent working knowledge of car detailing shouldn’t face any problems either.
What makes Formula 11 my personal favorite?
As a professional, Formula 11 has given me everything that I could have hoped for and plenty more.
So, here is what sets the sealant apart from the rest of the competition:
Long Term Protection
One of the most amazing features of the F11, which a lot of the other sealants fail to achieve is to provide the vehicle with long-lasting protection from the elements.
Factors like grime, excessive sunlight, and rain are some of the primary reasons that a car loses its luster and shine. Rest assured, the F11 will be able to handle anything that the environment can throw at it and keep your vehicle’s polish for a long, long time.
It will even make cleaning your car a whole lot easier. As the polish is exceptionally sleek and non-sticky, it will allow neither mud nor dust particles to cling on to the car.
An Eco-Friendly Product
The TopCoat F11 Master-Craftsman Polish & Sealer is made with all green and eco-friendly ingredients. No harmful chemicals go into their products and will pose no threat to your health if you work with it for extended periods of time.
Hardly takes any time to prepare
F11 doesn’t require any unnecessary, complicated steps to prepare. Neither do you need to add water or any sort of a chemical concoction to the mixture to make the sealant. In fact, you don’t even have to shake it before each use.
Time, patience and accuracy are all the tools you need, actually. It’s pretty straightforward and stress-free to apply, and it will save you a lot of energy and effort in the long run.
Longevity of the Polish
Each application of the sealant is meant to last for a very long period of time. So not only are you getting a durable shine but anti-grime and dust protection as well, for the foreseeable future.
What about the TopCoat F11 could have been better?
One of the problems that I do face with the F11 is when it comes to using it on the interior and the exterior of the windshield. The polish doesn’t apply itself all that well on the windshield, and it can be very hard to get an even coating on that particular surface.
Additionally, the F11 is comparatively more expensive than the rest of the sealants out there. Though it does the job better than most of them, you won’t get enough amount of the formula for the price that you’re paying. Hence, it can be unaffordable to a lot of car owners who want a cheaper product.
The Two TopCoat F11 Variants
In online markets or even the local shops, the TopCoat F11 comes in two different variants:
TopCoat F11 Master-Craftsman Polish & Sealer Kit
This is the complete car polish kit variant that contains the sealant along with the microfiber towel. This pack contains everything you need for complete exterior car detailing.
TopCoat F11 Master-Craftsman Polish & Sealer – 1G/3.79L
This product just contains a gallon of the sealant and is ideal for those who want to restore a bigger automobile like an SUV or a pickup truck.
- Offers long-lasting protection against all the elements
- Made with eco-friendly materials and no toxic chemicals
- Doesn’t have a very difficult or complicated preparation time
- The shine is durable and provides grime and dust protection for a very long time
- Doesn’t apply itself all that well on the inside and the outside of windshields
- The formula is expensive and the quantity is also very low for the price you pay
Steps to DIY Car Polish
But if your car only needs minor restoration, then these TopCoat F11 DIY steps are for you:
- Start out by selecting the most appropriate pad for your car. If your vehicle has a darker color, then use a soft pad as darker colors are much more prone to swirl marks. Light colored cars, on the other hand, can take the harsher pads very easily.
- After picking your polishing pad, wet it and then apply the polish. But try not to soak the pad too much, or that might adversely affect the car paint and damage it.
- Start by polishing one panel at a time. It’s crucial that you don’t rush this step, as there is nothing worse than an uneven sealant coating. So, try and calculate how much polish you need for each panel, and appropriately measure out the polish time.
- Apply a constant pressure throughout all the panels along with maintaining a consistent arm motion during the polish. This will significantly reduce the likelihood of you accidentally damaging your car paint in the long run.
- Try and occasionally wash the pad of the polish. Continuous use can weaken its ability to properly apply polish. This can also help you save up on the polish in the long run.
- Polishing the edges might be a bit tricky depending on the vehicle you own. The edges generally move the fastest, and the polish doesn’t coat these areas well. Carelessness can lead to the peeling of the car’s coat accidentally.
TopCoat F11 suits both professional mechanics and DIY home car detailers alike. So, if you’re in the hunt for a durable, long-lasting and easy to use polisher, the TopCoat f11 will satisfy all your requirements.
Till next time!